5.16.2005

A Few Things Gone Unanswered

I'm sitting here, in the still of the morning, pondering these questions. Could you answer them for me please?

Are you so afraid of falling in love that you'd be willing to give me up? I'm not saying that we even will fall in love. I don't pretend to know anything about it. I know that I'm naive and innocent. You don't have to remind me of that. But, I don't think you even comprehend the amount of love I'm able to give to a person. I don't think you understand how passionate I can be about the things that I love. If you gave it a chance, then maybe you could begin to understand. If you gave it a chance, then maybe you would realize the power it takes to part the Red Sea, or survive the flood.

But right now, you won't even let me build you an ark. You won't even let me try to mend the wounds. I see a broken person before me. Who is a little hollow and full at the same time. You're hollow to wonderful emotions because you've filled yourself up with the bad ones. You've let it eat at your heart, and your heart has fallen to pieces.

Would I be stupid in saying that I'd like to pick up those bloody, torn, raveged pieces and glue them back together? What if I could be the one that's able to do that?

Until you let me, you'll never know.

I'm willing to take this chance in getting hurt. I'm willing to cry if it comes to that. If I can make you smile one more time, then it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment