6.03.2005

Check this site out:

It must have been 2 months ago in my Communications 200 class when I looked over to my left and saw my friend Jackie L. furiously scribbling away at the paper before her.

"What are you doing?" I asked, obviously not enticed by the lecture.
"Writing down ideas for my site, Flavor of the Week. It's about pop Culture," Jackie replied, with a mischevous grin. She must have about 50 freakin' items on that list.

Well, like I said that was 2 months ago or so. Now I've come to find out that Jackie has indeed been very studious and dedicated and has finally put that site up. It really is cool, and if you still read this Jackie, you should know that I really enjoy it. So, to anyone who stumbles across this page in the vast online universe, take some time and check out Jackie's ode to thing that are, er, not-so-pop-culture.

I wish we had more people in the world like Jackie--unsuperficial, down-to-earth, world-cultured, fun-to-talk-to type of people (I need to lay off the hyphens!). Then maybe we would have a president that AT LEAST uses correct grammar, if nothing else.

1 comment:

  1. aw, thanks ashley! i really appreciate the kind words. although, i don't think i deserve my own post!

    you'll be surprised to know that i'm writing a new list. in addition to making people more "jackie cultured," i'm going help improve people's spelling. or at least stop people from common, annoying misspellings like "alot" and "definately."

    i could definitely use the help, so you can join me on this ongoing quest if you want. it will be a lot of fun! :D

    anyway, hope you're having a good summer. talk to you later.

    jackie

    ReplyDelete