6.02.2005

Down with Bank of America!

Seriously now, Bank of America sucks. I know many of you know this. What's sad is that it finally just hit me.

So "maybe" I've been using my ATM card a little much (it was pertinent at the time to buy Mona Lisa Smile, maybe I could have done without that expense). And "maybe" I forgot to, ahem, write down all my expenses in my checkbook (as to keep record, which is apparently IMPORTANT). And so "maybe" I made a few mistakes. Yes, I know that I am at fault here.

However, my jaw dropped when I found out that I was 145 FREAKIN dollars in the red! I have never had a negative amount in my account before...having over 100 was like a kick in the stomach. Turns out I didn't write down one check to the tune of $107. Yep, that screwed me up.

Usually, my laziness doesn't do actual harm, it just leads to procrastination. But this time, my laziness came back to bite me in the ass.

So where does Bank of America come in, you may ask? Well that's the freakin' point. Those suckers didn't do a thing. While it was my fault, my account was in the red for 3 days before I noticed it, and would have continued to be in the red for longer if I didn't check. I got no call or letter from my dear bank. Those blood thirsty fools just wanted money!!! And they sure got theirs...they slapped a $64 fee on me for having "insufficient funds."

Well duh! If you would have told me the first day they were insufficient, I would have fixed the problem before you fools added to my debt and took all my money away.

Well one thing is for sure, I learned a few lessons:
  • Bank of America sucks balls, to be nice about it. I think now I'm leading toward Washington Mutual, bitches!
  • keeping records of finances is damn important. DO NOT let laziness interfere with balancing your checkbook...I'm an idiot sometimes!
  • I need to cut back on the spending. Buying a movie is not a neccesity, nor an emergency. Therefore, I cannot treat it as such.
  • American money is really ugly as compared to foreign currency (ok this is not a lesson learned, but I had to bring it up anyway).

Can't I just go back to 2nd grade when balancing my checkbook wasn't an issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment