6.02.2005

The Boss Lady

So, for those I didn't tell, I got promoted at my job. That's a funny one. It's funny cause really I'm a lazy-ass. I give off the impression of working hard, but it's quite the opposite at times.

It's not like I make that much extra...how much are they really gonna pay you at a place called Party City? I mean, come on. Us "hard-working" employees play around with silly string when no one is looking. Yep, I'm getting some real blisters on my hands from that.

I just find it hilarious that they want me to boss people around when:

1. I hate acting all high and mighty to other people...especially those I was "equal" to before, they can't really take me seriously. I can't take me seriously!
2. Like I mentioned above, I'm a lazy-ass. A class act slacker. When it comes to getting a real job after I graduate, sure, then I'll kick my butt in gear. But a customer service job? I'm not wasting my precious energy there, suckers.

I only said yes to the promotion because, well, do I even have to say it? Money makes the world go round (well, I believe love does too, but yeah, both do).

Anyway, I'm rambling. I just wanted to share the news with others. And I'm not totally insulting myself...I deserve this little raise after 2 almost 3 years there. It' about time. Like I mentioned a million times before, I just find it funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment