6.18.2005

What I'm getting my dad...

Tomorrow is Father's Day, as most of you know. I'm getting my dad a card, a pat on the back and a "hey, dad, how bout I cook you dinner?"

Yeah, I'd like to get Daddy a present, but I'm lacking a little in the money area. I really wish I could figure out the secret ingredient to producing a money tree. WOW...think of all the wonderful things I could do then: buy a BMW, save Africa, buy lots of furniture from IKEA (cause that store is cool), stock up on chocolate (and feed the world's starving kids with that chocolate, and maybe some veggies too), visit every country possible and buy my dad a golf course for Father's Day.

Having a money tree would be a good deal.

But, alas, I have yet to find that ingredient. So, I remain poor. And Dad remains happy with my 1 dollar card and daddy-I-love-you smile.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,

    Believe it or not, parents appreciate the gifts that cost zilch much more. I tell my kids, don't buy me something, MAKE me something. My eight year old son makes Mother's Day cards out of cardboard with crayons and glue and lots of other stuff he finds around the house. My teenagers make cards too. See, the thing is, they CREATED it. That's what I like. It came from their hands and minds. Not their pockets or wallets.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete