6.10.2005

The Analytical Ashley (what's new?)

Okay, I've been refelcting on this same topic basically all week, but once I've got something in my mind I can't really stray away from it. Especially because Jackie gave me that personality quiz. Who wouldn't do some major self-reflecting after taking that?

The quiz said that I was ultimately an extrovert/intuitive/a feeler/a perceiver (ENFP).

One thing about the quiz that really got me was this statement: "Because they see endless possibilities, to select one possibility appears to the ENFP to be too narrow a focus. They hate to be boxed into a career for life and therefore hesitate and resist making decisions."

Dude....that is totally right on. I didn't pick my major until the last minute, and now that I have, I'm still questioning it.

Fuck, and here I thought I was just one crazy mofo. Somehow this quiz implies that this undecided nature of mine is normal.

Going back to that quote...of course I don't want to be boxed in and trapped into one career or one lifestyle. I want to live in London. I want to travel to Turkey to see my family every year. I want to own an apartment in New York. I want to see Italy more than once. But, I still love San Diego, and I wouldn't mind staying here as well. To say I'm undecisive would be an understatement.

I feel a little better exploring this topic. This is how I do things--I analyze the crap out of ideas until you can't analyze those suckers anymore...then I find a way to analyze deeper. That is my thought process. It kills me sometimes.

For now, I will remain an undecided girl who wants to live an interesting life. Because, who wants life to pass them by and regret the things they didn't do. Even if I had no money in the end, I want to see everything I can possibly see in my lifetime. I'll spend my last penny trying to do it too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this, jelly. I believe I will be undecided for life.

    ReplyDelete