6.16.2005

Oh geez

Jessica Simpson (gag!) has officially re-made "My Boots are Made for Walking." I used to like that song. Well, I still like the old version, but the Jessica Simpson gag-me version is not good AT ALL.

Number one, why does she have to oversing every song? I think she has a nice voice, but she ruins it by trying to impress the audience, or whatever the hell she's trying to do. Of course, she oversang this song, like all the others. I especially hate when she adds those oh-god-I'm-sexy breathy parts between the lyrics. Just use your real voice, then maybe I will respect you!

Number two, stop being a dumbass, Jessica. In an interview she said something to the effect of, "Oh my God. I was at a party and I heard this song for the first time. I had to write down the lyrics on a notepad. I was like, I have to remake this." First of all, how did you not hear this song before!!! Maybe I just grew up in an Elvis-loving household, but I probably first heard this song in second grade! Second of all, you fool, you didn't have to write down the lyrics on a piece of paper...there are plenty of electronic databases where it could have been found. Guess that flew right over her head.

I don't think Jessica Simpson is stupid. I think she just acts stupid, and it's really annoying. She insists on wearing less and less clothing, but still retains that she never wants to act like Britney Spears, cause that's not who she is. Well, that's who you're turning into, my dear. Yeah, you have the right to wear booby tassles, if you so feel like it, but stop the "oh I am so innocent, I'm a church girl" routine. Stop being a hypocrite. Then maybe I'll just make fun of you for doing a bad re-make.

Allright, I got that out of my system.

2 comments: