6.08.2005

The Competitive Edge

Today in my journalism class we are going to have a pretend press conference and the students will be the reporters. Gotta Represent!

I like this class and I like this teacher, but I have to ask myself: Will I like this profession? I'm not sure. It seems bloodthirsty, dirty and competitive. At times, those aspects are appealing and intriguing to me. Who doesn't want to get dirty every now and again? Who doesn't enjoy the occasional roll in the mud?

But I won't ever deny my genuine/undecieving nature. For instance, I've never stolen anything. I just can't--it's against my inner moral code. I won't even steal candy, you know? The guilt isn't worth it for me.

Not that you have to be dirty liar to be a journalist. You just gotta know how to play the game. And journalism can be a bad ass profession--when you have the power to reveal the truth and be the watchdog of the government, you're one cool mother! Word.

I know I would love interviews, though. Whenever I meet new people, I ask then a trillion questions, it's like a line of fire. It's in my blood to be an interviewer. It comes in handy when I wanna reveal secrets, haha.

Lastly, Does anyone know what they want to freakin' do at 20? I'm young...I want to relish in my laziness and explore the world before I make up my mind on my profession. It's just that everything is sooooo overpopulated now that you gotta start early. It truly is survival of the fitest. Damn you Darwin! Can't we all just get along? Apparently not.

1 comment:

  1. haha, yes...I've been going back and forth with the idea of it. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete