7.09.2005

Cross My Heart...Stick a Needle in My Eye and all off that nonsense

I vow, today and forever, to NEVER let myself fall into the trap of holding a mediocre job. Why go for something I kinda like when I can go for something I love?

I know, I know...that's such a middle class point of view. Go for your "dream job" and "follow your heart." I have no idea what it's really like to work hard for the money. Although I pay for a lot these days, Dad still helps me out when I need it. In many ways I'm spoiled, and I know it. I don't truly live from paycheck to paycheck...so really I should stop complaining about money.

What I'm getting at here, however, is that I don't wanna ever settle. No matter how scared I am to take a plunge into the deep end...I need to go for the job that will make me grin as wide as the Chesire Cat.

Hand over my heart! Really now...I'll take a blood oath. Or at least I'll sign my name in red html (haha, kind of the same?)

Ashley Johanna

2 comments:

  1. ashley! I totally agree with you! I'm not a fan of my job, but i took it because i gave up trying. That's probably why i don't like going. I keep wondering to myself when will i get the job where i actually want to go. and dont sit around complaining about it all day....i wonder if that's even possible. I hope so! sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me say from experience -- you CAN find a job you totally love! Secondly, never "settle" for anything in life. Search relentlessly for all the things your heart desires -- whether it's romance, ability to travel, your home, your job, your friends --- always go after the things you want in life with vigor. Settling is mediocrity at it's best and Ive read enough about you to know you're not "mediocre". :)

    ReplyDelete