7.15.2005

I feel good!!! (cue James Brown in the background)

I got an A in journalism. That mother was a hard earned A, let me tell you. My blood (um, not really), sweat (kind of?), tears (I didn't really cry) and sanity (yep--my sanity is gone) went into this class. To put in a way that's less cliche, I worked really hard in this class. I absolutely deserved my A, and it feels good.

And this is what Mr. G had to say to me (written on my final project):

"Ashley, I am going to miss reading your stories, which is why I hope you'll write for the Daily Aztec (my school's newspaper) and keep coming to me for coaching. You show a masterful ability to employ techniques. Your writing sings. All it needs is a little refinement."

That was really cool. My writing sings? That was really nice of him to say. And, sometimes I doubt my abilities...if I can actually make it in the business, if I'll actually have a good job, you know? So it takes a professional who has been in the business to tell me I did great--cause he knows what it takes. It eases my worries a little, that's all.

I got an A in Journalism! Wooooooohoooooooo! Go Ashley! Go Ashley! *doing a dance right now*

1 comment:

  1. thank you very much (not to be said in an Elvis way)

    ReplyDelete