7.26.2005

Look Mom, I VOTED!

Today, San Diego has an election for a new mayor. It's kinda a long story having to do with fraud and lies in our city council, then the eventual resigning of our ex-mayor Dick Murphy. What a dick-head. sorry, just had to add that in there.

I'm not as educated about this election as I usually am...and I found out why. It's all about economics and who can take San Diego outta the hole (we're bankrupt). I hate economics! I got a C in economics! This is why I'm a journalism major. So, I wasn't nearly as interested in the platforms this time around. It was like a foreign language to me.

But, anyway, I still voted. Voting is important, kids! And I got a sticker for it. Come, if nothing else, do it for the sticker. It has a itsy bitsy American flag on it and everything...ahhhh, how cute.

4 comments:

  1. San Diego is dying, so we need a new mayor (we're electing in November).

    If you wanna read about some of the scandal, go here:

    http://p134.news.scd.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050715/ap_on_el_st_lo/san_diego_mayor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Politics! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, yeah derek! show this post to your friend as evidence.

    Oh my goodness! I'm 20, a "gyrl" and talking about politics!

    ReplyDelete