8.02.2005

Three (old) movies I saw this weekend:

1. White Noise--thank you, freakin' White Noise, now I can't even try to look at my television when it goes all staticy. No way, no how. But the acting was good, although sometimes I can't think of Michael Keaton as anything else but Beetlejuice (whatever happened to Gena Davis?)

2. The Manchurian Candidate--this was good. I always end up loving Denzel movies...but I can't put a finger on why...hmmm...maybe it's because Denzel is a kick ass actor (i.e. Philadelphia) and I love him? Yep, that would be it. This movie definitely plays with your mind, and makes you think that crap like this may actually go on in the world.

3. The Sixth Sense--yep, for the first time. Why do I do this to myself? I hate scary movies...but that damn little Haley Joel Osmond! He sucked me in with his cute little face and famous lines...damn him! Now I'm walking around my house feeling the air to make sure it's not cold. I will say this, however--it was the first scary movie to give me a good feeling at the end. The Shining definitely didn't give me that.

ewww...I'm shuddering thinking about The Shining, so I'm gonna stop. But an interesting mix of movies, eh?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't see White Noise, the implications just creep me out too much! I never even saw The Ring, but I know to dislike ringing telephones now. Did you know the secret before you watched Sixth Sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping you've seen "Dr. Strangelove" because if you're going to see the original "Manchurian Candidtate" you might as well see "Failsafe" and if you're going to see see "Failsafe" you need to cap it all off with "Dr. Strangelove."

    And then "Catch 22."

    And then "Porky's." One *and* two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Noise was scary...but good, really really good.

    My dad gave away the ending of the sixth sense! That's why when I saw on T.V., I said "well, I might as well watch it." But I liked it, none the less.

    Haha, derek, I'll make sure to write all these movie titles down! My god!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't bother with Porky's. I was just joking there.

    ReplyDelete