8.02.2005

Sparkly Wonder

Just when I think it's starting to go dim, life gets a little bit brighter again...a little more everyday.

I remember when I was driving up to San Francisco. Jaclyn and I passed by these remote, midwest-looking parts of California. One thing I liked about these places, if nothing else, was how clear the sky was.

Have you ever seen the sky in a place where city lights don't drown out the clearness? The stars looked like freckles...like someone took some shiny paint and splattered it among the black canvas hanging above. I've never been so mesmerized by the sky, looking up through the sun roof, letting my fingers touch the nippy night air.

Stars are my favorite thing about the sky...more than the moon, more than the sun. I wish I could drape myself in a blanket of stars.

Maybe I'm finding a way how to for once in my life.

2 comments:

  1. When she wants
    She wants the sun
    Instead of the moon

    When she sees
    She sees the stars
    Inside of her room

    I think that's how that Cake song goes. That's what your post reminded me of. And it made me feel great. Thanks, Little Turkish (Catholic) Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like those lyrics, derek. I'm glad you like what I wrote.

    Thomas, I haven't seen fireflies ever, I don't think!

    and yes...stars are remarkable, that's why I decided to write about them.

    ReplyDelete