8.03.2005

Hold me closer 'Tony Danza!'


Now, I know...the actual words to this great Elton John song are "Hold me closer tiny dancer," but for this post, it's only fitting to say it my way. Let me tell you my story:

Today, Michelle and I went to see an art exhibit for Maxfield Parish, who has some wonderful paintings, if I do say so myself. I like the way he depicts nature.

Look at those clouds...there's not much else to say about them except they're beautiful. Heaven is in those clouds.

ANYWAYS...this is not the point of my story!

After the art exhibit, Michelle and I decide to eat at a restaurant right next to the art musuem. It's called The Prado. Really good food, but a little expensive. Michelle and I decided to splurge a little.

The (gay) fabulously funny waiter (who keeps complementing us on our beauty and calling us "little darlings") asks us if we come to the restaurant often.

Michelle and I answer no.

The waiter says, "Well, you should come around more, darlings. It's a wonderful place, and we get famous people all the time."

"You do?" I ask.

"Yeah," the waiter answers coyly, "Like the one behind you."

Michelle and I totally think the waiter is playing a "made you look" type of game with us, so we just look at each other and laugh in a "yeah right" sort of way.

"No really," Mr. Gay waiter urges, "Look behind you."

I can't resist temptation, so I look--It's Tony Danza! All I could think in my head was "Whoa! Who's the Boss!" Geez, being star struck makes you stupid in an instant. Tony leaves the restaurant as Mr. Gay waiter says, "I told ya!"

Although Michelle and I saw some beautiful art at the exhibit....all we could talk about on the ride home was how we saw Tony Danza. So cool!

So once again..." Hold me closer, TONY DANZA!" That just makes me smile.

3 comments:

  1. Did he have his trusty mop with him? (Well he needs a day job since his talkshow stinks...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the paintings, he had a way of bringing out every single person in the pictures--like he could see the good in everyone. He obviously was a people-watcher. Excellent at details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danza was excellent in "Angels in the Outfield." excellent with a capital EX.

    ReplyDelete