8.30.2005

Too Fast, Too Furious (the hurricane, that is)

I've been a little irritated today for some reason. I'm not sure why. Girls do that sometimes.

Classes start tomorrow for me at 9 am sharp. I know that's not an early time for some of you. But for me--well, it's my wake-up time. Haha. Summer is officially over!

******************
On another subject---man, Mississippi and Louisiana, I'll pray for you. I had no idea how bad the damage from Katrina was till I went home today and watched the news (we don't have cable in my apartment). Too many deaths in the south. And I seriously gasped when the reporter told me that 80% of New Orleans is under water. Are you kidding me?

And then comes all the looters. And that makes me mad. The whole thing makes me pretty mad. It's one of those things you can't really do anything about.

I feel lucky to be in Cali right now--that is until we're engulfed by flames again or attacked by moving plates beneath us.

Nothing is ever certain in this world. That's why I laugh at people who plan too much. What are you planning for? The unexpected always happens. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment