8.13.2005

I popped her balloon (heh heh)

Customers really piss me off...but I usually find a way to somehow shut my mouth, smile, and take their senseless crap. I want to keep my job, you know? But today, I had to say something.

We have balloon orders you can make ahead of time at my work. Obviously, mistakes are made, and not all balloon orders are made on time--hey, we're human. Today was one of those instances. Usually, customers are pretty understanding. Not this time.

This little nice asian man comes in the door, hands a worker his pre-order slip and asks "Is my order done?" We realize that, no, it is not done, and get to work blowing it up in 5 minutes without any problem. The balloon order is for 8:30 p.m.

That's when the daughter comes in--pretentious bitch that she is. Of course, she makes a huge ordeal about how the balloons are not done, how she is SO disgusted by this, how she is in a hurry and "You people are wasting my time" and other crap about how she's disatisfied. 'Alright Lady!' I think in my head, as I finish the last balloon.

That's when she asks to speak to the manager. I think to myself "hmm...I thought you were in a hurry," but don't say such realizations out loud. The manager comes and talks to her while she rambles on for another 5 minutes about how she's really mad and disapointed. "This was supposed to be done at 8:30!" She screams. She's shamelessly trying to get a discount, and is milking it for all it's worth.

That's when one one of my co-workers looks at his watch. "Hey--" he says, "It's only 8:24."

Now I have the Golden Ticket. "Stephen (my manager)," I say, interupting the bitch, "It's not even 8:30 yet. It's only 8:24."

The lady gives me the look of death. I stare back. She huffs in the most dramatic of ways, "That doesn't matter! It's supposed to be ready before."

"No it's not," I say," It's supposed to be ready at 8:30."

"You know what! You shouldn't argue with your customers!" She yells, stomping out of the store. She knows she's lost this argument. The Wicked Witch has left the building, we all laugh.

Normally, I keep my mouth shut. And yes, we were at fault. But I hate people like that. You think you can belittle me and treat me like dirt simply cause you're the customer? Too bad lady. I ain't taking your shit! I am a person, after all...somehow people tend to forget that.

Anyways--that's my story for today. Had to get that off my chest. I NEVER treat people like that when I'm the customer, never. And, you know, if she would have asked nicely, I would have given her the discount. That's how it works with me. Treat me nice, and I'll treat you nice. Yell at me, and I'll take you down.

************
Starting tomorrow, I won't be around AS MUCH as usual. I'll be moving and such...and I won't have internet in my apartment (or electricity the first day, for that matter). *Sigh* There's a lot to do! But I'll be posting soon...plus you guys have like a million gazillion other blogs to read anyway. So, see you, er...talk to you all later!

Ashley :)

8 comments:

  1. just try to hold back the tears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopped in from Mahima's. Interesting blog, btw! :)

    The female's really bitchy. Deserves one tight slap!

    -Arjun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yell at me, and I'll take you down.

    ^^
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, customers.... far too many are looking for freebies, trying to make the world think they are just so important. Grrr.... Love the way this story ended however!

    Good luck with the move; don't stay away too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been excellent stumbling across your blog!

    Please go ahead and check out my blog on School Of Acupuncture Therapy for all the information you could want on School Of Acupuncture Therapy.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is with all the advertisements.....they are popping up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously! The ads are annoying!

    Thanks for stopping by couch potato...I am too a couch potato/lazy person...it gives me joy.

    Thank you all for the well wishes and yeah...that customer did suck. But she didn't get what she wanted and that made me feel good...haha.

    ReplyDelete