9.03.2005

Random Saturday Morning

I've always loved Saturday mornings. Remember this scenario: You're 1o years old. It's Saturday morning. You get up, pour yourself a bowl of hearty Cap'n Crunch, and sit your little 10-year-old butt down to watch "educational shows." Or, er....cartoons. Oh, and you rocked out to SchoolHouse Rock, always singing the eternal question--"Conjunction, junction, what's your function?"

Did we get an answer? Oh yes, we got an answer. Thank you School House Rock.

So now I'm sitting here. Not doing much. I have to work later today. And I'm procrastinating my homework, already. It's hard to get back into the flow of homework, especially in the mindset of 17 units, especially on a 3 day weekend.

But you gotta start somewhere.

When I was 10, I used to think 20 was SO OLD. Well, I'm here now, and frightened as ever. I'd like to go back to those days when all I had to do (or all I was asked to do) was play and watch cartoons. Now, more is expected from me. But it's exciting and fun and many ways. And I like it.

Imagine having all the world in your hands and no idea what to do with it, but with all the freakin' possibilities you could dream of. That's more exciting than any super fast rollercoaster you could show me.

6 comments:

  1. Cap'n Crunch Berries are the crack of cereal...Once I start I just can't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cap'n Crunch Berries are the crack of cereal...Once I start I just can't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it so much I posted about it twice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heck yeah! I love them...and Honey Bunches of Oat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 20 is scary... 30 is downright chilling.... The only wisdom I feel comfortable imparting (due to our 11+ year age gap) is that no matter what your self-image is when you are 20, I recommend looking in the mirror (and taking a lot of pictures!) before the time passes, because 20, for most gals, represents your physical prime. You will never be that hot again (barring any major workout regime and/or invasive surgeries..) Cheery, huh? ;)

    It warms my heart to know that they still played School House Rock in the mid 1990's. I figured that was gone with my generation. Sorry about getting on my soapbox...I turned 32 today. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was 10, I never wanted to grow up.

    When I was 15, all I wanted to do was be a legal adult.

    Now I'm 24, I want to be a kid again...but with all the grown up stuff added in. (like being able to go to bed when I please, coffee, beer etc)

    ReplyDelete