9.02.2005

WHY?

WHY would you try to rebuild a city that is STILL below sea level? WHY would you waste THAT MUCH money to rebuild this city when it can be flooded again, just as easily? WHY WHY WHY?

Does this not make sense to anyone else? What's wrong with the idea of rebuilding New Orleans in a different part of Lousiana? This is not a game of showing nature that we can beat it and that "we won't go down." Nature ALWAYS beats us.

It just doesn't make sense to rebuild New Orleans in the same spot. Mr. PRESIDENT....think about it dammit!

7 comments:

  1. Good question. I also wonder that if they do rebuild New Orleans if there will be any insurance agencies willing to offer homeowner insurance, or any insurance for that matter to the cities inhabitants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bummed that I never got to see New Orleans...it'll never be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The French Quarter is/was a beautiful area but it smelled like a sack of crap. I had the joy of visiting twice, once with my then girlfriend now wife and my bachelors party was there. I is/was a very unique place and I hope that I will be able to visit it again.....but you are right Ashley, it will probably never be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! I just put up the same question on our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah...insulting this idea is not my way of insulting New Orleans or saying it's not worth building again...it is a cool city, and it should be built, more inland!

    I can't believe they're considering building it in the same spot! It is simply the dumbest idea I've heard of. And the sea level is rising...HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. look at this map, click on oil industry

    http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/national/2005_HURRICANEKATRINA_GRAPHIC/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Americans, we get emotionally attached to things. Like the World Trade Center. We have to rebuild them...why? Do we need another target, just to prove a point? New Orleans was a wonderful place, but unless they bring in 100 million tons of dirt to make the town at least even with sea level...what is the point?

    ReplyDelete