9.08.2005

Time is not on my side.

Today hasn't been the best day. I've been sick all day, and unenergetic. I just feel like...blah.

I still feel as though I have this tremendous weight on my shoulders. Am I taking on too much?

I kind of wish there was no such thing as time, no such thing as a 24-hour day. If I want my day to be 500 hours, why can't it? Of course I'm not going by moon or sun cycles what-so-ever.

I don't think Americans give themselves enough time to rest. It's all about who can create things the fastest and the best--we are a society completely focused on time. It's when I stop following the ticking clock and sit back and just watch nature--leaves rustling, water sliding down a rock--that I feel relaxed and happy. Clocks just irratate me. It's either I'm waiting for a certain time or I don't want a certain time to come.

It's times like these I really hope there is something better out there than what's here on earth. Whether your religious or not, you have to kind of hope. To think of a place where everyone is so eternally content, you don't need time. I hope it exists.

7 comments:

  1. Time is definitely the source of angst for me!
    I could learn it, do it, accomplish it, finish it, love it, if I only I had the time for it.
    Whatever IT is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is a place like that, Ashley. it's called "Canada."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...with as much as I criticize this country, you'd think I would have moved there by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britain comes first with the fewest days of per year, per person...but the USA comes in a very, very close second.

    You're preaching to the converted, Ashley. I've been campaigning for a two day work week, and a 5 day weekend cycle since I started school!

    (PS, great blog...you've been chosen to take a place in my favourites...with the other bright stars of the Blogosphere galaxy...don't you feel honoured?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do feel honored, paulius, for the sheer fact of the way you spell "honoured."

    British people are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nah...this picture was taken last spring. And my hair is curly and here it was straightened. That's all.

    ReplyDelete