10.10.2005

Stupid Love!!!

Have you ever walked behind a couple holding hands and felt a twinge of jealousy? I've been doing that a lot lately. And that's bad--cause I don't want to be one of those girls... the girl that is desperate. I want to want a person--not simply want a boyfriend. Make sense?

I'm doing a good job at holding out for the right person, though. I've had opportunities to date people who've wanted to be with me...but I didn't want to be with them. It wasn't right, they weren't right.

And I'm not someone who opens up easily (when it comes to love and such).

And while I desire a relationship, I also feel too busy for one. Or maybe I'll make time for the right person.

I don't know what I'm blabbering on about! It's just hard, you know, when most of your friends have someone, and you don't. It gets in your head...you see all the cuddling and kissing (and fun stuff) and forget all the fights that go on in the background.

I don't know what I want. And I need to STOP watching movies on love...damn chick flicks.

FYI: I'm not sad, I'm not angry. I guess I'm just going through a phase where I wouldn't mind having someone to love...in that way.

What's funny about all the complaining in this post is that I'm a happy person. And the even funnier thing is that I don't know what I'm missing...I've only dated guys. No serious, long-term boyfriends for Ashley. So what am I complaining about?????

I DON'T KNOW!!! Maybe I'm PMSing...maybe girls use that excuse for too many things.

I want to be 5 again. It was so easy then. I wasn't as whiny. And guys weren't love objects yet.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I understand...I get the same way. However, when I am in love, and I see a cute kissing couple, I tend to smile and feel good about it.

    And right now it feels good to see two people in love; not because my feeling is reciprocated (as of yet), but because I care unconditionally.

    Good on holding out; wait for the right person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo want to be 5 again! :-<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have some chocolate and chill....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quote: "I've only dated guys"

    Does this mean you would consider dating a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, anonymous--what I mean is, I have yet to have a serious boyfriend for more than a month--I've just dated guys as opposed to making them serious.

    Though I have a love for gay culture and have few gay friends--but no lesbians. I wonder why that is?

    ReplyDelete