11.16.2005

Too Much School Makes You Talk About Yourself in the Third Person

By recommendation of Michelle, I'm listening to the Pride&Prejudice soundtrack. And it is beautiful. And I loooooove pianos.

All this classical music puts me in a contemplative mood, so I shall comply and be contemplative:

I haven't been myself this week. I've felt a little inadequate. Slightly unhappy. Bored and restless. And all of the above.

I really think that I burnt myself out this semester. I gave too much to one activity (my sorority) and forgot to kind of focus on myself and my school. My sorority was a bit of a distraction, if you will. Although I still love it (and the people in it), it will be really good to not have a position next semester. I'm free to write for the paper. And have some time for naps. And have "Ashley-time." haha.

I'm not usually an unhappy person, just so you know...and I am taking into account the fact that EVERYONE is a bit burned out at this point in school. Not to mention that this has been my most trying semester. Ha! Who knew that upper division classes would be hard??? What a ridiculous idea!

Anyway, only I can change my attitude, so I will. And I will walk with a smile tomorrow...not a painted on smile, but an actual smile. It's about time. I've probably looked zombie-like this week, and that's just not Ashley's style.

Why am I talking in the third person?? Deliriousness, I say! I'll blame it on school.

7 comments:

  1. I'm telling you Ashley, "Bright Eyes" is the way to go...I think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just don't give yourself a wrestler name and walk around with theme music...then you'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not even the theme song to rocky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say Rocky would not be the best choice.

    Maybe "I will survive."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking in the third person is sometimes hilarious. My best friend and I used to talk in horrible British accent when we would drink... it was always funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny cause you were drunk...annoying when sober...

    ReplyDelete
  7. nosthegametoo--I LOVE that Curious George picture, I must say. Ahhh...and things you do when you are drunk (ha! we could create a list).

    thomas--a Pulitzer? Whoa buddy! I wish.

    hatleyman--yes, I will survive is a good song (that goes on for like 7 minutes!)...but sure, that can be my theme song :)

    ReplyDelete