12.22.2005

Christmas-y and Content

What is it? 11:30 almost? Haha, yep. AND I'm still in my pajamas. This. is. the. life.

Yesterday I sold back my books to my school and got back $60. Which doesn't compare to $300 I paid for them. Such is life. After the guy told me all the prices he'd give me, he then asked, "So, would you like to sell them back?" I said, "YES! TAKE THEM, pleeease! Just take them! Especially this green book, I hated this class." Which was true--the green book belonged to Communications (shudder).

It felt good to rid myself of those books, to cleanse myself of that semester. Sadly, it was probably my worst semester to date. But I am going to change that...plus, I've never gotten Straight A's before...I've come close, but no stinkin' cigar! That would make my year if I could get straight A's. I just may shoot for that next semester.

This little Christmas Break will do me good--give me time to rest and collect myself. And then proceed to kick ASS next semester. Oh yes, I will be kicking major ass.

Oh yeah, and I need to finish Pride & Prejudice over this break (right michelle?). It's imperative that I read the way it all ends in the book for Darce and Lizzy. Awww...love in books.

Yay! 3 more days until Christmas!!

3 comments:

  1. I just realized that I could sell back my books for Christmas money...


    ..oh shnap!

    I hope the book store is still open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " I've never gotten Straight A's before...I've come close, but no stinkin' cigar!"

    two things:
    1) ditto.
    2) I've never understood the "...but no cigar" thing. My 4th grade teacher, Mr. Koubeck, said it all the time.

    haha and I guess theres a 3rd thing: I'm too lazy to sell back my 1 book they'll actually TAKE back so I'm still in the whole the $400 I spent it books:(

    4th thing (last one I swear): Lizzy and Darcy deserve an ending, wont you please give them one? And I love that you spelled LIZZY right; tons of people spell it Lizzie...

    5th: maybe we can hang out in january?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pride and Prejudice...I'm impressed...

    I'm glad to hear that you survived another semester! I've often thought of getting into the used textbook business, its a pretty good racket they've got for themselves. They are like a drug cartel...what they do is criminal!

    ReplyDelete