12.27.2005

I'm so horrible!!

God I'm horrible. Guilt is NOT a fun emotion.

You that guy that took me on the date, and I said he was boring and not funny, blah blah blah? Yeah. Well he called today and left a message. And as you know, I don't want to date the guy, right?

Well, the respectable thing to do is to call him and tell him. That's the nice thing to do. But I am a big wuss. What do I do? Give him a text message. Why can't I just suck it up and call?? Because I'm horrible. The text message said something to the effect of:

"Hi Mike. Sorry I'm not calling, but I hate phone calls (which is actually true). I don't think that you should call me anymore. We just don't have the same sense of humor. I hope you understand. Thanks Anyway!"

I am so horrible!! And it's not about saving his feelings, it's about saving mine...cause I am being so selfish right now. I just hate hearing reactions. It's not like I'd be hurting him, he doesn't know me!!

Oh well, it's over now. I just feel bad. And I like to make a big deal out of things--like you can see now. But that's the way I am.

At least I contacted him somehow. I could have just not called him back. I'm SUCH a big wuss!!

9 comments:

  1. At least you had the woman parts enough to tell him "Never gonna get, never gonna get it! Never gonna get it - never get it!"

    I think that was a Destiny's Child song back in the day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The text message said something to the effect of:

    "Hi Mike. Sorry I'm not calling, but I hate phone calls (which is actually true). I don't think that you should call me anymore. We just don't have the same sense of humor. I hope you understand. Thanks Anyway"

    Ashley, I happen to think that what you did is FREAKING HILARIOUS!! I only hope that he and you can see the humor in your actions...classic!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hatleyman, that was en vogue...but close enough.

    gangster--it wasn't meant to be funny!!! But I overreact to things like this all the time, anyway.

    I'm seriously just not made for meeting guys this way, it's too stressful, and yes, funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just don't have the same sense of humor. I hope you understand.


    Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you came out with it. Have to give you credit for that. Personally, I know I would appreciate someone who tells you the god honest truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't mean to offend you Ashley, its just that I find humor in mundane things...

    I'm sorry your date didn't go well, I guess I should have been more sympathetic...

    In case your curious, what made me laugh was the "Thanks Anyway" part of your text message...but you know me, I'm insane that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you didn't offend me, gangster. Seriously.

    I'm actually not sorry the date didn't go well. I don't care really. Which is why dating a random guy is not really for me...I'd much rather get to know a guy through something...class, work, whatever. Maybe that will change someday.

    You can laugh at me!! really! I laugh at me. Anyway, I know you mean well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i sent someone a text message saying "{boy's name} i can't date you."

    and now we're dating since about 2 days after i sent that text message.

    not that means you'll date him, but i just think it's ironic that i am so often forsworn. i shall never again make a comment that begins with "i shall never again..." lest i be forsworn.

    ReplyDelete