12.06.2005

On Frost and the Future

Jack Frost totally payed San Diego a visit, but he's not really that welcome. The people of San Diego get confused when there is frost on their car windshields. We don't understand when the weatherman tells us it's going to be 30 degrees in the morning. We respond with "What? Is the weatherman doing cocaine again?" Basically, San Diego does not understand the word cold, until this morning that is.

On a different note, I made a vow to myself this morning. Maybe the cold weather is making me contemplate my life more, who knows. I vowed that I need to stop worrying about the future so much. Because I really really do. And if I keep up my worrying patterns I'll give myself an ulcer by the time I'm 30.

This, however, is hard to change. It's part of my personality to worry. Even though everyone describes me as laid-back, I'm starting to realize that that's not so true. I just keep my emotions inside and don't freak out in front of people. Not a good thing to do. Not good at all.

So I need to make a change. Of course it needs to be a gradual change.

I just gotta keep telling myself (yes--I'm talking to myself again) to stop worrying about what's ahead. I'm not gonna go broke or end up homeless. I'm gonna be alright. Why worry about the future so much? Why worry about something that hasn't happened yet?

If I were to always worry about the future, then I'd never be living life in the now, EVER, now would I? And then, I might as well not exist.

Time to live in this very minute. And what a lovely minute it is, because I'm in it.

2 comments:

  1. I worry a lot too, its just part of my nature...but it also motivates me, so its not all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to live for the now...stop worrying about the future!

    ReplyDelete