12.31.2005

Thumbs up to THE VILLAGE, Thumbs Down to Focus on the Family (a Nazi group, essentially)

I just want to say two quick things today:


  1. I saw "The Village" last night for the first time...what a trippy movie!!! I was seriously shocked. It was great, really.
  2. Focus on the Family sucks. They really, really do. One of their reviewers said this about Brokeback Mountain, "Abhorrent... There are sure to be many left wing awards for this twisted, laughable, frustrating, plotless, and boring piece of homosexual, Neo-Marxist propaganda." It just makes me really mad....BUT, even though I have a GREAT disgust of comments like that, he has a right to say them. And Focus on the Family (even though I despise them so) has a right to preach its close-minded, hateful messages. Because where would we be if we were to deny people the right to the 1st Amendment?

Ok, so that's all for today....really random, I know.

Oh! I lied, there is one more thing I need to say (duh)... Happy New Year's Eve!!! It will soon be 2006. I believe it will be a smashing year!


4 comments:

  1. The villiage totally blew me away! I so did not see that coming, awesome flick.

    Focus on the family is just one section of the conservative train on route to destroy any and all free thinking people. Damn conservative nation. I just might move to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was never found when I posted the first time..strange.

    Anyways, Happy New Year, Ashley, and I have not seen "The Village" yet, or "Focus on the Family".

    Have watched "FearX" and it sucked awfully. Also watched "The 40 year old virgin". Made me laugh pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the Village yet, I want to though. I don't get to watch as many movies as I used to. However, I did watch "War of the Worlds" the other day and I thought it was pretty good...

    Happy New Year Ashley!

    ReplyDelete