12.29.2005

A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere...

I'm posting about music two days in a row...eh, who cares?

Isn't that line up there in the title beauuuuuuuutiful?

Yes, yes it is. And I have found a new love. I've heard of them before...but I just recently heard their songs. You know when you find a song that speaks to you in some way? That grabs your heart with a clenched fist and forces it to beat in syncronation with the drums?

This band is like that. You may have heard of them...they're called Death Cab for Cutie. Their songs are simply gorgeous.

I have other great loves: Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Incubus, Sheryl Crow...there are a few others. Each of those artists have made at least one song that has awakened my soul just a little. It's a funny thing when you've never heard a song and it still stops you in your tracks. Where you listen just a little harder to the meaning, and search every note of the song, relishing in its instruments. I love songs like that. Who wouldn't?

I'm the girl who doesn't talk during good songs. You know, when you're driving in the car with me and we're having a great converstation...then a good song comes on and I go quiet. I might as well be in a coma. Don't take it as an insult. I just love music, and you have to live in it while it's playing and give your full attention. You gotta pay your respects to that beautiful song, and let it be the only thing that fills the space.

Really now, that's beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. dude it drives me nuts when i'm driving and listening to an amazing song and someone feels compelled to talk talky talktalk all through the song. so i keep singing and not listening to them until they get the point. if they don't get the point, i unbuckle their seatbelts and chuck them out of the moving vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY heather, you and I--we think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice description, its not that often that songs grip me but there are a few that when I first heard them it was kind of like putting on glasses...it brought some things into perspective. Isn't music great that way?

    ReplyDelete