1.01.2006

Drowning in Our Words

I get a little mad when people say that the state of the world is just SO BAD these days. Of course it is! But what makes people think that is was so good in the past?

I'm not so convinced that we had less crime in th 50's...I'm not so convinced that the world was all flowerly and happy during the Renaissance.

The world has ALWAYS had: death, wars, suffering, greed, heartache, crime, jealousy and all of the above. ALWAYS. So where do people get off saying that the past was always so much better?

People seriously need to stop worshiping the past and instead think of ways to better the future. You can whine about how bad a flood is, but if you don't start swimming for a better place, you'll simply drown.

On that note, here's for an amazing 2006. You all said Happy New Year to me, so I'm saying it back!! Hope none of you were too hungover today. (and doesn't 2006 sound futuristic? To me it does. Why don't we have flying cars by now?)

6 comments:

  1. Hey lookin at bloggers 2night and I liked yours. Prayin 4 ya. May God bless
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah can't sleeps...

    You always change your picture, ashley! I need to put a picture in, sooner or latuh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me crazy but I'm one of thost bleeding hearts that thinks that society is better today than it was yesterday and it will be better tomorrow than it is today. We are progressing. People who say that everything was roses in the 1950's are either idiots or old white people or both. We live in a society today that is far more progressive than any other that has ever existed on the face of the Earth and I am happy to be a part of it...even if George W. Bush is doing everything he can to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. anthony--yeah, I do always change my picture, I get bored otherwise!

    gangster--exactly. sure, we have crime, but we've ALWAYS had that. And, our society definitely is more accepting of differences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've always had the bad stuff, only no one knew about it. Mass Media, anyone? If someone in the next village was killed, you wouldn't have known.
    Oh, and according to my grandma, when she was a kid, the snow was ALWAYS at least 10 feet deep - which was much better, of course. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I care about is if today is better than yesterday, and so forth. BTW, didn't Ed Gein set the bar for psycho Killers? That was in the 50's, I think.

    ReplyDelete