2.26.2006

I'm just glad last week is over with...

Saturday ended up being a lot better. I was wrong about the whole week being bad. I forgot that I love certain people at my work...and they didn't fail in making my day a lot better (and making me laugh, a lot).

Then there was today. hahaha. Today would have been fine...except for the, oh, 5 hours I was sick to my stomach and throwing up even water. Oh yeah, that was fun.

It's raining tomorrow though! I loooooooooooooove that it's supposed to rain. That puts a smile on my face.

Oh, and I have to tell this story, cause it's amusing:

I was working on Saturday, right? So this guy comes in, with his friend, to buy some balloons for his birthday party. He's turning 30. I don't know if he had had a couple shots before he came in...but this is how the conversation went:

Guy: Hi there...I'd like to get balloons.

Me: Alright. Who's birthday is it?

Guy: Mine.

Me: Oh, you're paying for your own balloons then?

Guy: Yeah. Pretty Much. Oh, and make sure not to put pink string on the ballooons--I don't want anyone thinking I'm gay, you know (cause apparently pink=homosexual to this guy). Sorry for being picky.

Me: That's alright. If there's anyday that you can be picky, it's your birthday.

Guy: Yeah, that and your wedding day. Oh, and the day you lose your virginity, too. (keep in mind that there are kids standing around the counter when he's saying this).

Me: (polite laughter) ummmm....

Guy: Oh sorry. I'm kind of inappropriate, huh?

Me: Maybe a little.

Guy: You know...I'm turning 30. But I'm not married yet. That's kind of sad, huh?

Me: (no answer)

Guy: But you can come to my party if you want. You know, it's a free-for-all.

Guy's friend: Yeah! It's a free-for-all. (I don't know why he chose to speak at this moment).

Me: Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think I'll still be working.

Of course that was a lie. But the guy was starting to freak me out. He was, um, blunt.

But yeah, that was the most interesting thing that happened this weekend. That and my fun date with the toilet this afternoon. Yeah, that was a blast.

This week, I believe, will be a better week--because I say so.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you won't have to buy your own balloons when YOU turn 30.

    :)

    If you don't start holding down water during the next ~12 hours, you better get some medical attention!

    Get well, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, ashley...I can hold down water now...haha. I actually ate some crackers last night. So that was a feat in itself.

    ReplyDelete