2.09.2006

I'm Much Too Indecisive

Alright...so here are the positions open at The Daily Aztec.

What to go for?
What to go for?
What to go for?

I need your guys help (obviously I need your help the most Mcmullan). The problem is, I don't have experience with writing for a publication...except for my highschool yearbook. Does that count, even?

Most likely I'll go for a volunteer position...but I have been curious about Copy Editor for a while, and it is paid. Again, the title of this post rings true.

Whatever. I'll make my resume, then I'll decide.

5 comments:

  1. I think the obvious choice is Opinion Columnist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloggers will generally choose the opinion job because that's what blogging is all about! Copy editor would be pretty cool, too (as would staff writer). Sports? Not so much.... However, I suggest you solicit the advice of an actual writer for an actual newspaper. I'll send Nik over from the Spatula Forum to see what he thinks.... He writes for a newspaper in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you want to learn about how a paper works, choose copy editor. you're in the newsroom a lot, you see how the g guts of a paper works.

    I'd also suggest trying for staff writer, too. it helps to get experience, and nothing is more fundamental to a journalism major than acutally going out and fucking around with your craft: interviewing people, asking questions, writing stories.

    fuck opinion. that's what you have the blog for.

    give em hell. you can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with McMullan: copy editor would be your best bet.

    ReplyDelete