4.20.2006

Releasing all the anxiety...

I'm listening to Turkish music right now...ahhhh...it eases the soul. It's been WAY too long since I've visited Turkey, and I miss it with all of my heart.

Here's what I have to say about Sweater Guy(oh and jaclyn, I'm sending you a letter with all the info to the story): I'm analyzing WAY too much here (I know, BIG surprise). When it comes down to it, I barely know him...we just met a month ago for God's sake! I need to chillllllll out. I need to take a breather and stop worrying and giving myself ulcers (refer to all my previous posts where I was going crazy).

If he likes me, he likes me. If he doesn't, then he doesn't. I need to stop trying to map out my stars when they are already mapped out for me. If things are right and comfortable and a good match...it will all come together.

Because I don't date much, I get all crazy and stupid when I do. And I hate that. Because I am a COOL girl. I'm quiet and shy at first, and I observe a lot...but once you get to know me, I'm loud and kind of crazy. I like to dance and sing at a moment's notice. I love art. I love getting lost in a movie or a song. I'm intelligent. I'm weird, but in a freakin' good way.

When the time is right, Carlos will see those things. I won't do any good shoving them in his face.

And if he doesn't want to be with me--well, that would suck. But I need to stop acting like the planets would collide and result in total destruction if we don't date. Everything will be fiiiiiine.

See how this blog ends up being a cathartic release for me? It's a start, at least.

7 comments:

  1. what? a girl? overanalyzing a situation?

    never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hides the knife* Phewwww, I was just about to stab you after you begged us to do it in your last post. :)
    *sigh* Overanalyzing! Sometimes, I just wanna be a cat. Then I wonder whether the cat might be overanalyzing, too... "Hmmm, if I went and ate Tuna now, would Ernie the Cat think of me as a dolphin hating insensitive cat? And what did he mean when he chased that dustbunny the other day? Was he shunning me? ...Oh, I better go and sleep some more now. Or would that give the wrong signal?"

    I think it's that damn second X-chromosome makes us do those things! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I don't feel so bad for being the "ca-razy one"....

    So, how can I help? I'll be Dr. Phil...and when I say I'll be Dr. Phil, I mean I will not smile - just nod my head - and scream "Stop overanalyzing!" Man...he has to be the biggest waste of air waves....Oprah is the devil people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, look, guys do it, too. I feel so much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't worry. it's part of the fun. not always that much fun...but still! overanalyze away and when you want to ignore it, i recommend friends and/or chocolate. of course, a friend + overanalysis can often nip it in the bud too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are there any other hot Latin guys at school you could kick it with?

    I empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It comes down to "is he the one" which is too soon for you to assess (IMO) as you haven't graduated or started your career.

    So, just enjoy him... err his company :) for now. Don't even think about him + your future at this point.

    Anyways, overanalyzing situations will cause premature wrinkling of your forehead.

    ReplyDelete