5.01.2006

Um, yeah.

All I have to say about The White House Correspondents Dinner is that Colbert SLAMMED the President. And not just the President, but the media too. Harsh!

And whether or not you thought it was appropriate, you gotta give him some props for standing up and speaking his mind freely RIGHT in front of the president. That took some guts. And again, though maybe not appropriate, THANK GOD for freedom of speech--something all Americans should agree on.

We have the freedom to make fun of Republicans, Democrats and all the in-betweens. I highly value and cherish that freedom.

And I will say that President Dubya actually did a fabulous job this time around when it came to his speech. Say it with me..."nuclear proliferation."

3 comments:

  1. yeah...that was the President's part, thomas. did you wtach the part after that with Stephen Colbert? That was the HARDCORE part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you gotta prove it thomas!!!!!

    I'm just not convinced...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it and laughed, laughed, laughed, cried, laughed some more, threw up a little bit, and then laughed again.

    I'm getting the feeling he was prepared for a Comedy Central Roast....like they do for has beens like Pam Anderson, Jim Carey, Anna Nicole, and Budda.

    ReplyDelete