7.24.2006

Waiting on the World to Change

All this fighting in the middle east makes me nervous.

Not just because it's sad for humankind...

But also cause my family is extremely close to this!!! Turkey is close to all those wars, actually, and I hate that.

Just look at this map...look at it!

It borders Iran, Iraq, Syria...and is close to Israel and Lebanon. Geeeeeeeeez!!! Can it be in a worse spot? Seriously now.

It's just unnerving for me...cause I love my family in Turkey. And Turkey is a gorgeous place with nice people, I wouldn't want to see anything happen to it.

Soooooo yeah, Turkey was ruthless back in the day with the Ottoman Empire...I know. But it's a fabulous place now. It just has some bad luck with neighbors...

And so I say: Ben Turkiye cok seviyorum.

Which means: I love Turkey very much.

6 comments:

  1. Ashley, I have been out of the loop lately concerning current events because of studying.

    Can you email me a summary of what is going on in the Middle East?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I just wanted an email from my good friend Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our clerk in the Learning Center at Sac City College is Lebanese, and is worried greatly for her family during this time. She is a brilliantly thoughtful young woman, and I can only hope that her family will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the quiet countries you have to worry about...kind of like that weirdo that was in your sceince class in middle school. You just knew one dasy he would stop picking his nose long enough to pull the gun out of his backpack and start shooting the peeps on his "Everyone Must Die" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merhaba Ashley #1,
    İyi günler. Nasılsınız? İyiyim.

    Ok, so I know a tiny bit of Turkish. I have a friend who studied here in the US, but now lives in Ankara and he taught me some key phrases.

    Görüşmek üzere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, yay!!! You're speaking turkish to me!!!

    merhaba to you too. And I'm doing well.

    ReplyDelete