10.26.2006

Alright...

soooo. This is what's happening with my dad. His cancer is a slow-moving lymphoma. It's incurable. As opposed to the fast moving lymphoma that kills you, but can be treated. The slow moving lymphoma can be lived with for years...but he has to have check-ups every three months to see if it has spread. I guess they can still contian it with chemotherapy...but it can't be cured.

Sooooo, I'm not happy or sad about the news. Well, I guess I'm happy that it's not stage four cancer, cause that would have broken me in two.

I'm happy that I just know where we stand right now.

5 comments:

  1. ashley, I <3 you. you're being so brave. I want you to know that you can always talk to me and that I'm keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowledge is important in these situations. It's so much better than the alternative.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the news isn't so great... but do not give up hope.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have mixed feelings about your father's condition. I am relieved a bit, but also hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete