10.09.2006

...

My dad called me today and told me that the biopsy they did on his throat turned out to be cancer (he had a lump removed).

I'm not sure how to deal with these words as I write them...cause they're glaring at me right now, and piercing me straight through the heart.

It could be nothing...it could be something that can be removed. But I am afraid. I am a daddy's girl...and I refuse to lose my father anytime soon.

I don't know what else to say right now. I'm going to drive home, and try not to cry too much, and give my dad a hug. That's about all I can do. I feel better in the fact that I have support...from God, from friends. I'm just.............sad, right now. That's all.

5 comments:

  1. hey ashley, its veronica. i love you and will do whatever i can to help you! i'll start with praying, let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ashley - i hope that all turns out okay with your dad and all of your family. my thoughts are with you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi J Unit,

    I am so sorry to hear about the challenge that you are being faced with. Let me know if there is anything that I can do. Remember that God is great and hw will provide, and I will pray for you father as well.

    Love in the Dove,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, Ashley. I hope everything works out well.

    ReplyDelete