11.08.2006

The Donkeys kicked Elephant!

Ohhhhhh Snap! I did not expect Democrats to take the House...it fully shocked me. And they might even take the Senate? Craz-i-ness.

Soooo I sort of did a happy dance when I found out. Not cause all my ideals fit perfectly with the Democratic party...of course not. But I am extremely happy that there are SOME sort of checks and balances to the president.

I watched the press conference with him this morning, and almost laughed at how pissed he looked. I realized, this past year, that I'm simply not a fan of him. Besides his policies, I've never been fond of his personality. If I were to meet him in real life, I'd know I'd call him a jerk face. It's the way that he answers questions, in a conceited, toddler-ish tone...it's the way he holds his head in a cocky manner. There is a difference between being prideful and being a cocky asshole. He is the latter of the two.

I have no idea if the Democrats taking the House will have any real effect on our day-to-day lives...I guess I relish in the hope that there can be a change. Our country needs a change.

4 comments:

  1. I was in college when it all went the other way. It was a dark time.... Newt was in charge. To think - in 12 years, from Newt to Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said asshole...


    huh-huh-huh-uh-uh-huhhuhhuh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really dont care one way or the other but I did chuckle a little when I saw that Bush was out of friends to write his speechs for him.

    ReplyDelete