3.18.2008

De-Stressify

I need to de-stressify myself. Yes, I'm making that a word.

Ohhhhhhhh man, I try to not let the little things get to me, but they do! I really really really really wish I were one of those persons that let life's obstacles to roll off their shoulder. I hold onto stress way too easily.

And what I'm stressing over is totally fixable. 1) I'm stressing over finding a part time job until school ends and 2) I'm stressing over some assignments that are due soon.

Writing them out, it ain't no thang but a chicken wang. I will get these things done...I'll find a job...I'll accomplish everything I need to.

I need to stop letting all the small stuff build up into one huge STRESS MONSTER that follows me around and makes me feel like I'm suffocating.

Yes, I realize my ridiculousness right now. I just need to BREATHE.

Writing about it always helps...

Listening to "Don't Worry Baby" by the Beach Boys

6 comments:

  1. I also am having no luck finding a job during school. :( Don't worry baaaabyyy - good song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? good luck with your job search :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have a stress monster. it actually helps if you make him into something that is kinda cute and harmless. I picture this little guy as a short little creature with a large head, tiny arms, and tail that makes a meep-ish noise when he's announcing his presence. something like: "mah"! see...our troubles are over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stress monster used to bug the hell out of me before I decided to befriend it. I do get stressed out at the end of the term, but when it's finally crunch time, I find I can just buckle down and get stuff done. One of my last assignments of the term was a 10 page paper, which I did in 4 1/2 hours the night before it was due. I find that I work best under pressure, at least when it comes to homework.

    If I can do it, you can too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel Frank on the term paper due the next day; that happened to me last semester. You have to find some time to study, and cut something out to get back on track. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    My name is Robine and I'm the webmaster of http://www.best-pheromones.com
    I wanted to know if you could do a paid UNBIASED review of our product/site.


    Please let me know if you are interested.

    Thank you,


    Robine Paige

    ReplyDelete