3.20.2008

Prevailing

This has been an unpleasant week. Sometimes I really let stress get the best of me, but I'm starting to take control over that stress again.

I got to see one of my good friends Rachel last night, which was really great, because I love talking with Rachel about life in general. Rach has a good sense of who she is and what she stands for, and she doesn't really waiver on that for anyone. She is an example of a strong female that I really admire.

Sometimes I let situations (school, job, stress) and people (J) get the best of me and control me. Why spend the time worrying? Life will unfold the way it's supposed to unfold. Sometimes there is literally nothing we can do to change outcomes; so what good is it to cry over the things we cannot change?

Of course, in the next few weeks I will encounter yet another stressful experience in life (ohhhh life). But I'm not gonna let it supress me. Nobody puts Baby in the corner!!!

haha, wait...where did that come from?

11 comments:

  1. AHMEN SISTA! :) I may come off as being strong but don't get me wrong you know i cry sometimes! :) hahaha it was good to see you just to talk, as always!
    LOVE YA!

    -Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am embarassed to admit this, but wasn't that a quote from Dirty Dancing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah...I realize that my question came out wrong...

    I LOVE Dirty Dancing!! It was more of a rhetorical question, haha.

    Don't be ashamed of liking Dirty Dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Very indignant) What? I don't like Dirty Dancing!*

    *Furiously blushing

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, anothony, just like you don't like chick rock, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually avoid stress by not really looking towards the future. I start classes again on Monday, and I know this term will be a killer, but it's not bothering me because I'm not thinking about it right now. The only drawback is that I am absolutely terrible at making plans for anything more than a week or two in advance.


    And, for the record, I have never seen Dirty Dancing. Any good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. well do you usually like chick flicks Frank? Cause it's a killer chick flick, but it's a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tsk tsk tsk ashley. you're going to get frank stuck smack dab in the middle of the quintessential chick flick. why would you want to go and do that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't mind chick flicks so long as I'm watching them with...well...a chick. Tell you what, I'll hitchhike out to San Diego and we'll watch it and I'll tell you what I think. Be there in, like, 2 weeks, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah, but if you don't make it within 2 weeks, I'll think that you'll have died, cause hitchhiking is NOT SAFE, Frankie!! You've been watching too many chick flicks and not paying enough attention to horror/serial killer films.

    :)

    ReplyDelete