3.03.2008

Eh.

Yeah, today was my birthday, but today was...blah.

I've had much better birthdays before. Maybe I expect too much.

The test and the paper didn't help, but that wasn't the reason my birthday wasn't up to par.

The reason is that my dad may be losing his job (he is a teacher) and yeah, this puts a lot of strain on the family. It's that feeling of helplessness, you know? It's news I didn't really want to hear on my Bday, but I understand why they told me.

Eh. I'm still going to a Foo Fighters concert on Wednesday. So there is SOMETHING to look foward to. We always have to keep looking foward.

7 comments:

  1. :( that sucks your dad might be losing his job! is it because of budget cuts? or what?

    i found out from Channel 10 news that my school has MRSA spreding around, it's that yucky staph infection....nice that i found out about it from the news!!!lol

    the school system is just sucky.

    happy b-day! :) i didn't know yo uwere going to see foo fighters that totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom just learned a week ago that she may be laid off. Half the people in her office have already lost their jobs. My dad still has his job, but with two kids in college...things might end up being a little tight for awhile.

    But you're right, we gotta keep looking forward. I've got Spring Break next week, which I'm pumped about, even though I'll just be spending it at home. Keep your head up, things will be all right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our little blogging friend is growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about the bad happenings. hope everything works out for the best. you must tell me if 'big me' or 'up in arms' make it onto the setlist at your show..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I missed to congratulate on your special day! Hope you accept my "Happy Birthday" even if it's a little.

    No kidding - the news about your dad sucks. Both of my parents are unemployed right now, and it does put a huge strain on all of us. :( If the situation doesn't approve I can see myself helping my brother through Uni. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your dad's job. and belated happy happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Birthdays are celebrations of YOU. HAPPY WISHES TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete