3.25.2008

Just a little more on Mormons.

Why didn't anyone comment on the Chocolat part in my last post? haha.

Ok, just to clarify I was mostly joking in the previous post. Well, being that I am Christian, I do find the Mormon beliefs more than crazy. However, I do have some Mormon friends that are aren't that crazy, I guess. haha. And these are friends that live by the rules of Mormonism and really practice it.

I also want to add that I commend anyone who has the strength to follow and comply with a religion. Going against the norm, and trying to remain faithful in a world of sex, drugs and money is hard. Really hard.

So I can admire Mormons for all that they sacrifice (going on mission trips, church everyday at 5am, etc.)

But dude, you just can't have 18 wives. Ok? Cause that's where I draw the line.

Alright, that's all I have to say for now.

Random thing I HAVE to tell you: I'm going to see JIM GAFFIGAN'S standup in November in L.A. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. If you don't know who Jim Gaffigan is, I feel sorry for you.

10 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh! Can I get tickets?!? I'm not sure if he can top "Beyond The Pale", but that would just be a treat to see him live!

    "I'm full. You full? You wanna eat a cake? Let's eat a cake. Let's eat til we throw up."

    Good thing that messiah thing worked out. He built a shed for my cousin-what a piece of crap! And the whole time he was like, "I'm the Son of God," well right now you're buildin' a shed! So hop to it Jesus(espanol).

    Did I mention I'm jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will always be those milestones in my life...the day I get married...the day I have kids...and THE DAY I MET JIM GAFFIGAN. It was literally the best 45 seconds I've ever spent, unless you count that one time I found $5 in my pants pocket. That was a good day as well.

    I find Mormons strange, but then again nearly all religion seems slightly curious to me. I'm an atheist (everyone in my family is), but I try my best to stay as open-minded about as much as possible. I'm not for banning religion altogether or anything. My closest friends are religious, and the way I see it, arguing about religion is irrelevant: as long as a person is happy with themselves, the world they live in, and the people they surround themselves with, then they're alright by me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Tim, there was a presale on Facebook, so that means they will be on sale soon for all the public. He has lots of cities on his tour list, you should go to his website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sick! i still need to watch his standup with you...haven't seen it
    rach

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Chocolat rather recently too and liked it as well, Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you can now officially feel very sorry for me. I have no clue who that Gaffigan guy is... But Chocolat? Awesome! I spent a summer in a town like that one. I love France. J'aime la France! OuiOui! Beaucoup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny; Chocolat is on right now. I forgot how much I loved Alfred Molina in this movie (and of course, the beautiful Juliette Binoche).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny, cause I loved Johnny Depp in that movie, Anthony.

    But maybe that's because of different reasons than acting.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's not coming to Michigan :(

    Maybe I will get a road trip together for the Waukeegan, Illinois show at the end of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SHUT UP, I love Jim Gaffigan. It's rare when I actually laugh so hard at someone's stand-up that I want to die.

    ReplyDelete