3.26.2008

I'm Yours

Listening to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz

Have you heard this song? SO cute!!! Yeah you may roll your eyes at the lyrics, but if you're me you'll just go "awwww."

I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love love
Listen to the music of the moment maybe sing with me
I love peaceful melody
It's your God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

Now I know I should give up on the idea of J...but here's the thing: once you've really given (and opened) your heart to someone it's hard to just shrug that person off.

So J and I landed on this conversation the other day, and he admitted that he had feelings for me. Now--if nothing else were to happen, this news at least eases my soul a little. When you're in the kind of situation I'm in, you tend to get a little insecure. It's just nice to know that someone cares.

Anyway, I want to make it known that if another amazing guy came along and really caught my attention...yeah, I would leave the idea of J behind. But since that hasn't happened yet, I'm not going to just give up on the person I love the most. Despite his faults, I love him the most.

7 comments:

  1. Uh oh.

    "Now I know I should give up on the idea of J...but here's the thing: once you've really given (and opened) your heart to someone it's hard to just shrug that person off."

    Hard, yes, but sometimes it's necessary. I trust your judgment...but I'm a little worried...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you off ....well some blog I was skimming. I don't know the history of J but to be honest in my experiences love isn't enough and if he treats you bad or you believe you'd be happier else where.....go else where ;)

    nice blog. I like Jason mraz too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hold now, let me make this clear...I wouldn't just jump into his arms like nothing ever happened. J would have to prove some things to me.

    When you love someone, you give them second chances. But if they don't take that chance, then moving on is the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay okay, I must comment! Only because I have been there!

    "once you've really given (and opened) your heart to someone it's hard to just shrug that person off."

    I totally agree, this is why I am still with my boyfriend because....

    "When you love someone, you give them second chances."

    if there were no second chances soo many more people would be divorced and single. sometimes it takes a big mess of drama, anger and time apart to realize you can't live without that person. I completely believe in many chances, if you love someone enough it will work!

    i don't believe in second chances however when there is abuse going on that is NOT OKAY! :)

    love ya ash! do what makes you happy. people make mistakes and i think J made a big one but he's not a total ass....he would have if he had gotten married...and thank GOD he didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks rach...you know I always appreciate your advice (in real life or on this blog, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know best, what is good for you... But I am not so sure about that decision on second chances. Please think with your head and not with your heart, since the latter is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think it was said already, but 'uh oh.' and i seem to remember something about the correlation between pop music and misery. maybe it was a movie. :)

    ReplyDelete