3.13.2008

Remaining Fierce

Watching High Fidelity right now. It's my medicine. (J just might be the Charlie in my life, haha).

I wrote J an e-mail (cause I explain my emotions better in writing) and said that I want to be there for him during this tough time, and I love him, but he needs to treat me with respect and not use me (i.e. we kissed the other night...NOT a good move).

I want to believe that J cares, but all of you are right--he needs to actually show that. Anyway, I said in the e-mail that it's better if we just hang out in group settings. I want our friendship to grow, because no matter what, I know we'll stay friends.

This is the healthy way to go about things. Kissing him, holding him...those things are not going to make the situation better. Even though I did some of those things to try to make him feel better, because he's so sad right now. It's just a temporary solution, though--and I will help him (and our friendship) so much more if I continue to lend my support from a distance.

Anyway, I won't ramble on. I appreciate all the advice you all gave me. I'm someone who truly likes to take advice in and contemplate all my options. So thanks :)

I'm off today to study for italian (blah) and look up more jobs. Ta-Ta for now.

P.S. Yes, the title is a reference to Christian from Project Runway...I love that gay boy!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Just be weary of sympathy. I'm not suggesting that J is milking the "sympathy card" or anything of that nature, but some, if not most guys (myself included, unfortunately) sometimes think that girls who are super kind and caring when we're sad will be that way even after we are better, which is not always the case. (I don't know if I'm being clear or not, and I certainly don't mean to offend or anything)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah I understand frankie, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Empathy is kind, in respectable doses. You remain fierce, Ashely. Stand tall. (Hell, I'd milk it, and I'm a supposed "nice guy". You tell him to mind his manners in case he has some "empathy action" in mind.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! Anthony, you're great. "empathy action..."

    Something tells me you'd be amazing writing scripts for sitcoms. You should look into that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha when zach and i broke up first the thing that got me back with him was me telling him everything would be okay and i kissed him! haha! lovely...I am not a good example.

    And I LOVE Christian from project runway!! I am so glad he won because i loved him from the start! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "that's what you're looking for. get ready to start again. it'd be good for you. give that final good luck and goodbye to your all time top five and move on down the road."

    :)

    have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rach--you should stitch "FIERCE" on the butt of my pants, hehe.

    Raindog--thanks, Boss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG i would love to stitch FIERCE on your pants!!!! that would be soo cute! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear Ashley... sounds like you are getting over it. But you should really, really remain fierce and not get sucked into such a one-sided relationship (that's what it sounds like). Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I want pants with "fierce" stitched on them!

    ReplyDelete