4.09.2008

Purple. And a little more on forgiveness.

I changed my blog color...I heart purple. Can you tell?

I just wanted to say, you guys have some interesting views on forgiveness.

My view on forgiveness is this: If we don't forgive, how do we really move on from the situation? If you don't forgive, then you are, in fact, holding onto anger in your heart. I believe that forgiveness and letting go of anger are synonymous.

And by forgiveness, I don't mean that the person that hurt/betrayed you becomes your best bud again. Of course not. J and I are not friends right now, and we may never be again. But I am in the process of forgiving him for all his wrongdoings against me--purely because I loved him, and not based on the fact of whether he has shown remorse (although he has). I do not want to harbor angry feelings for him anymore, I simply want to wish him the best (Goodluck and Goodbye to your old time top five...remember?).

However, maybe you and I are different in the way we handle situations.

In the end, I'm still unable to see how you can really move on without forgiving.

I'm interested in all of your opinions, so I thought I would bring that up one more time. Different cultures, different ideas, differences of opinion--they're all so interesting to me.

But there's one thing you HAVE to agree with--the color of my blog is so pretty. If you say otherwise, mi dispiace (I'm sorry), we can't be friends.

10 comments:

  1. oo. purty purply posting place. it is a happy color isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad's favourite colour is purple, oddly enough.

    And I see your point. I have no ill will towards my ex. I don't know that I can never fully forgive her for what she did, but I have no desire for payback or to see her get hurt. On the contrary, I wish her the best of luck...just as long as I never have to see her again. I guess the fact that she's now a thousand miles away made it easier for me to let go. If she went to school with me and I saw her with the new guy, I would still probably be angry. But instead it's the good ol' "good luck and goodbye."

    ReplyDelete
  3. raindog--YEAH! BEST COLOR EVER :)

    frank--your dad is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey it's rach i hate signing in on this thing because it never works and i don't know why!
    i think it is a very hard thing for humans to forgive. probably because as much as we forgive we always remember our feelings especially those of hurt, sadnes, betrayal etc. those are hard feelings to let go of! It takes a lot of work and more gaining of trust to really forgive. :)

    which is why people should be careful of their actions because forgiving is not something that can happen quickly or easily. lame. i wish it were different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mi piace "purple", ma preferisco blu.

    You will forgive him. I forgave her. Finally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not that I really know your situation but I do agree with how you handle it. Now I'm not going to hit you with my situations on "what it's like" but to forgive someone for hurting you not only shows how strong you can be as a person but it also allows you to begin to move on. sometimes this moving on may take an attempt or two but you will always remember who you are and what events/steps you took to get to that place. do what you want for you and for no-one else. WOW...that was almost deep.

    and now for something completely different, this blog color reminds me of Grimace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with the forgiveness stuff.

    My prom color: purple (orchid or lilac, I forget which one in particular).

    I have been searching and searching for a baller orchid/lilac purple dress shirt with a fabulous tie to go with it. I forget about this search from time to time so thank you for reminding me!!!

    love the purp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tim, you are AMAZING for wanting to wear a purple shirt.

    Yeah, I love purple that much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! The purple looks fine.

    Yes, forgiveness is important, but it can only happen once you are "over it". I usually forgive pretty quickly, but also need time to no longer feel hurt. Although you can forgive, it will take a lot longer to trust the one who has hurt you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple is a great color... it is a color of healing, IMO.

    And I agree 100% - forgiving is releasing... all the anger and or resentment and ahrd feelings... and you cannot possibly move forward without forgiving.

    ReplyDelete