6.20.2008

Excuse Me, We're Through

I had a hangout with J for the first time in months. It was me, him and one more friend. He's the one that asked to hangout (begged, actually).

I sat there, next to him, feeling nothing for him, wanting nothing from him. I felt...liberated.

It's a funny feeling when you are truly over someone; when that someone you once thought the world of all of sudden feels like a distant memory, or a passing nightmare. I won't be hanging out with him again anytime soon.

A few words from the newest English singer (from the recent British invasion!), Adele:

Excuse me first love, but we’re through.
I need to taste the kiss from someone knew.

Forgive me first love, but I’m too tired.

I’m bored to say the least and I, I lack desire.

Amen to that!

10 comments:

  1. It's good that you got that one last moment to realize that you are over him. Many people don't get to test themselves and are left unsatisfied (I was one of them). Glad that you are free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I agree with Rachel that it was good that you got to realize you don't feel for him anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freedom, glorious, glorious freedom!

    We should celebrate with bacon and 20 or 30 games of skee ball. My treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird. So I'm going to be seeing my ex for the first time in months. I'm nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heh heh ... amen to that!

    good for you. have a smashing good time with that liberation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey its rachel! ;) i bought adele's cd!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't it feel GOOD to not give a shit? :-D Sometimes, indifference is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. De-lurking to express congratulations! Remember "Do You Ever Really Get Over It" from 12/9/07? See? Yes, you do get over it. That whole thing is in your rear view mirror, and now you are stronger for the whole experience. You've graduated college, you're going on a Turkish adventure, and you're beginning a new life. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks chris! wow, surprised that you've been reading that long!

    ReplyDelete