6.24.2008

The Little Critic

I had my last day at my customer service job today...YES! FREEEEEEEDOM.

Turkey in one week, suckaaaaas.

Summer is going well, although it's been hot as hell (hey, that ryhmes).

I saw two movies within the last week. Here are my thoughts on them.
  1. The Happening--WASTE OF MY TIME (but not my money, cause I saw this movie with J when we hung out, and he paid...HA HA, in his face!). All I have to say about the movie is: M. Night Shyamalan, were you on crack? I usually enjoy this man's movies, but The Happening was just not up to par. Do not go see it.
  2. Get Smart--I originally did not want to see this movie, but got dragged along by a roommate. I ended up loving it. Steve Carell does not disappoint! I laughed a lot during this flick. Totally worth your time and money...I haven't said that about a movie since I saw Across the Universe in November!
Ok, so that was my random post, I'm a little delirious I think. Maybe it's all the time in the sun I've been spending. But I have to fulfill OPERATION: BECOME LESS WHITE!

7 comments:

  1. Ditto on The Happening... a few good scares... but overall unsatisfying. I WISH I SAW GET SMART INSTEAD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Customer service... at least you escaped it. I haven't seen a movie in a theater in awhile, perhaps I should see Get Smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're white? hmmm ... hadn't noticed. :)

    have fun in turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like The Happening, but I didn't hate it either. I thought the plot was absolutely genius, but it could have been executed better, and the dialogue...possibly the most unnatural and awkward sounding I have ever heard in a movie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had fun wit Get Smart, although it was bit too much at times (except for gorgeous Anne Hathaway, of course; can we say overly emphasizing her sexuality, which is okay by me?).

    Oh, AND DO NOT SEE THE LOVE GURU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the only thing M. Night is good for now is having him write you some lines if you know you are going into an awkward situation...the more awkward his characters get the better their lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay to freedom. Fuck customer service jobs! And guess how hot it is today here?? 90!! But it's super humid so it feels like a tropical hell outside. We can never get a break here.

    ReplyDelete