10.16.2008

Two Loves Come to an End

I'm being slightly melodramatic in my title. That's what girls do best :)

The two loves I am talking about?

1. The Chronicles of Narnia. I finished the seventh and final book last night, and although they are meant for children, they are fantastic for adults as well. Probably because the books remind you to think like children--without doubts, without worry, but just with a full interest in experiencing and living life. Now that's beautiful.

My favorites out of the series were The Magician's Nephew (the first one), Prince Caspian (my very favorite), The Dawn Treader (about life on the sea!) and the Last Battle (the last one). And of course, I like them because there is a spiritual gem shining in each book, which is inspiring.

2. Project Runway. It's just the season finale, not the series...but Project Runway is going to move to Lifetime (and be set in L.A. instead of New York), which makes me wonder, will it be diferent? Because it is perfect the way it is RIGHT NOW.

Anyway, Leanne won last night (I thought she would!) and her collection was simply smashing. I want one of those skirts!!!

So now what to do? Two of my loves that took up some time are gone. Well, one, take up a new book (duh) and two, keep my resolution to spend less time with glowing screens, a.k.a. watch less T.V.!

10 comments:

  1. You should have put a spoiler alert! I have it DVR'd and haven't watched it yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I didn't even think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok. If I were still in Chicago I probably would have come across a spoiler in the Red Eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Chronicles of Narnia and Project Runway! I know what you mean about Leanne, I want some of those skirts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck venturing outside... I hear it can be very not-sir-conditioned out there at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you should start reading MY book :)

    (even though I'm only, like, 15 pages into it)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um....sorry to hear that your two loves are about to end?

    (No empathy,ha ha!).

    What do you feel like reading? Or go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frank--As in the book you're writing? I would get impatient waiting for the ending!

    Anthony--I may read A Farewell to Arms next. I read it in highschool but didn't appreciate it, I don't think. I wanted to give it a second chance. It's that or The Last Lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley, do you hate me because I have never read a Chronicles of Narnia book or watched a single episode of Project Runway?

    All that fun stuff to look forward to...

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're looking for something kickass to read, pick up some Vonnegut. I will now take this moment to pimp my favorite book of all time, which is "Slaughterhouse Five". Great great stuff I tell you.

    ReplyDelete