11.06.2008

Ready to Laugh My Ass Off

GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT?

*Ahem* Sorry, for being annoying, I'm just VERRRRRRRRRRRRY excited for the adventure I am going to embark on this weekend to see none other than the comic mastermind himself, Jim Gaffigan. Don't know who he is? That's a shame....so here's a clip of one of my fave jokes:



:) You know you are jealous (not to rub it in or anything).

So I'll be in L.A. over the weekend, at the Wiltern (never been there before). Oh I'll have stories to tell. Laughter is a weekend well spent.

P.S. A note for Frankie--This means that I will have seen Foo Fighters and Jim Gaffigan. Ohhhh yeah, I think I win!

P.P.S. Did you guys happen to see the new South Park last night? Priceless...

6 comments:

  1. lucky you. i have his album 'beyond the pale', but nothing compares to seeing a comedian live. of all the live shows i've seen, george carlin live remains one of my favorites. have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous. Truly! That guy is really funny AND you get to stay in a hotel in LA. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will love the wiltern! :) I saw Paulo Nutini there! It's small, old and totally quaint, super cute etc. I loved it. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If he does the bit about smelling like a bonfire at work on Monday you need to tell me. It's my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just listened to Jim's "Beyond the Pale" (for about the 30th time) while I was road-trippin to Penn State this weekend ... my 2nd favorite stand-up performance of all-time!!!

    yes, my semester has been more chaotic than I had even imagined, BUT there is not much time left! Plus, I just ran my last Cross Country race of the season at Penn State, so now I get to take 2-3 weeks off! WOO!!!

    This means that my void of time that was normally spent running will likely be filled with working out, playing basketball and swimming/hot tubbing :)

    Well, I did read a couple of your posts, but I feel like a goof asking you the details about your job (that you haven't started yet). I have to write a 5 page paper tonight, otherwise I'd search and scavange your blog to find out whats up!

    PS - I refuse to apologize for this incredibly long comment! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't look at a package of Hot Pockets without laughing...all because of this man!

    I'm jealous you got to see him. He came through Durham, NC a couple of years ago and money was so tight AND we couldn't find a babysitter, so I had to not go.

    ReplyDelete