11.06.2008

And One More for the Girls

So I had to write one more post because a) I was inspired to and b) I still have TOO MUCH time on my hands seeing as I haven't started that part time job just yet...stupid paperwork!



Enter Chris Cornell.


Do I even have to write that this man is too hot for his own good? Now, I remember him, of course, from Soundgarden (and recently Audioslave). But alas, I was too young to appreciate his dashing good looks then.

But I have always always always loved his voice. Putting his looks aside (kinda hard to do), this man's voice mesmerizes me. It's unique. It's beautiful in an unsettling way. It's commanding. It's dark. All of which equals extra sex appeal. Take a listen to "Black Hole Sun" again, acoustic style, and melt with me:





I've always adored that peculiar, poetic song. So here's this great looking man, with a sexy voice who ALSO has the talent to write something amazing...man.

Side Note: Sorry if I sound like a sex-crazed, hormonal, musician-lovin' groupie here. But there are maybe 1% of musicians that bring that side of me out...ok, the end.

P.S. STILL ESTATIC OVER JIM GAFFIGAN (refer to post below).

14 comments:

  1. okay so you got me watching all of Jim Gaffigan's youtube videos damnit! I had a presentation to practice for!!

    OKAY WTF??? I do not remember that conversation at all? We are soo freing weird hahaha. But that is why we are friends because we talk about spinning notebooks on our fingers with razor blades...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a live recording of him singing "Black Hole Sun." It was on last year's Live From the Archives CD the station I interned at puts out every year. I can send it to you if you want. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and to think, all these years that i've had soundgarden as a favorite and i had never noticed the dreamy drop that is chris cornell. time wasted! argh! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. rach--haha, I have no words for our friendship :)

    liz--UH yeah!

    coley--I envy the job you had! I might be interested...

    raindog--hahahahaha! Basically, I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Say what you will about Chris Cornell, but he's nothing compared to the charmer that is Nirvana's Krist Novoselic.

    http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/kobaine/krist%20novoselic/blackandwhite/5b76216b.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. toastie--you always know better. You are the master :)

    coley--yaaaaaay! cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Chris Cornell but his photo made me go 'mhmmmm...' and then his voice made me go 'MHMMMMM...'

    We open tonight and I've just about perfected my make-up! Well, enough so that I can do most of it and then go to the make-up and costumes designer and say, "TOUCH ME UP, DARRIN!" I love that.

    Still huzzah-ing over Obama-rama, and the South Park episode was hilarious =)

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've loved Chris Cornell since I was a pre-teen. Check out his song Sunshower from the Great Expectations soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally, he's a little too pretty boy for me. And he needs to shave that thing off his chin.

    I prefer Mark Ballas of DWTS. He's got that nerdy, overlooked thing going on. All he needs are a pair of thick-framed glasses so I can rip them off. And at the same time, he's still got a strong, manly looking nose... oh yeah..

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Men that bring sexy back? I love it! He's cute... I could go for him. He could probably pass for Latino... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm racking my brain over the name of the project that he did with Eddie Vedder... that's like Christmas morning... you know theo ne where they are standing in the field in the video... ???

    looks like you've been a busy girl! there's nothing like living when you have the chance :)

    ~Christy~

    ReplyDelete