11.12.2008

Ashley, the Teacher

Today I start my first day of work. Today is the only day I'll be going to work at a "happy" hour. Tomorrow I'll be waking up at 6 a.m. For my whole life, 6 a.m. and I have been enemies. I talk badly about 6 a.m. behind his back all the time and in return, he attempts to hide the sun from me. Talk about Black Hole Sun.

I haven't had to deal with waking up at 6 a.m. the whole week since high school. So this will be interesting.

In other news, I'm still learning Turkish (through Rosetta Stone). Turkish is the hardest language I've learned to date! Although, I've already forgotten a lot of my Spanish and Italian--haha, oops!--they were fairly easy to learn/pronounce/write. Turkish is more involved and has some different characters. The pronunciation is the hardest by far and will take some practice. Want to learn a quick sentence? Of course you do:

Yeşil araba eski mi?

That means: Is the green car old? --you know, in case you were just dying to ask someone that :) Maybe I will give you random turkish lessons in the future...

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first day! I agree completely, 6am is icky. Those evil 7:15am classes as SDSU were killer. This is also ridiculous, I wake up at 6:30 and leave by 7:40 for a 9am class? Doesn't make sense right? Parking is horrible in the morning at SJSU, so I have to leave that early to get a spot in the garage. Soo it's no fun! Luckily next semester I won't have to do any of that! :) yay!

    I miss you! Let me know how your first day goes! I don't even know what your job is? Details!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 AM and I have kind of a mutual understanding...I get up at 6, and I don't get made fun of when I go to bed at 8:30 at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always found that 6 am is much more tolerable when you see it roll around than when you get up at that time.

    Thank you. I'm going to go sit around and muse about some all nighters pulled at college and my first weekend at grad school now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here, we'll trade sentences:

    "Je suis une banane."

    I am a banana.

    Now we know how to say two totally useless things in two different languages!

    Oh, and good luck on your battle with 6 a.m. I am losing the battle with 10 a.m. these days, so I am in awe of you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha. anthony you are amazing!! I know we can trade useless sentences all night, cause you know way too many languages. Then we can all sound crazy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi if anyone is looking for a great web site with turkish Translation, web cams abd lots of extras try this.
    www.turkish_lessons.07x.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anyone is looking for a grat site for Turkish with translation , webcams and lots lots more try this.

    www.turkish_lessons.07x.net

    ReplyDelete