12.01.2008

R.I.P. Stanley

Oh poor Stanley! You had a long life, you even survived a suicide attempt. And now you are gone...

If you don't know, Stanley was my fish for three years. So I know, I know...he's just a fish. But he was my little buddy for a good portion of my college years. And the suicide attempt? Well, one day (maybe 2 years ago) I went into my room and found little Stanley on the ground, half-alive. He had jumped out of the tank! We then posted a note by his bowl that read "Stanley, don't jump. Life is Great." He never jumped again.

So now, Stanley finally reached the end of the rope. Goodbye little fish, you will be missed!

(yes, I do, in fact take all life seriously)

6 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to cry, or giggle a little because of your fish intervention... I'll go with giggle a little then feel bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot keep anything alive that lives in water. Seriously I am the kiss of death to all fish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stanley had a good life, he lived life on the edge ;) and liked taking risks. He outlived his roommate Soy Sauce by a few years. He was probably the biggest bettafish around! He will be remembered by his owner Ashley, his friend's Tabasco, Chandler, Forks (the new betta in rachel's life) and all who knew him well...Life is Great.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fish eulogy (or eugoogly, as Ben Stiller calls it in that movie where he plays a stupid model):

    We will all miss Stanley. Stanley had a lot of drive, and was best man at my wedding. In the end, Stanley fought the good fight, even though he liked the drink a bit too much. We hope there is plenty of ultraviolet-colored flaky food a.k.a. fish manna from heaven there, Stanley, and that you blow bubbles of angelic love our way. Please don't nibble on the man at the pearly gates; he is not a figurine, nor does he wear scuba gear. Rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fish have always died too, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete