12.24.2008

Twas The Night Before Christmas

Another Christmas Eve is upon us. How many have I been through now? 23? Maybe 20 that I can remember?

How can I forget those Christmas Eves where I was forced to wear red tights and frilly little dresses? Don't forget the oversized Santa hat.

Those Christmas Eves where I couldn't go to sleep because my excited little heart beat for the thought of Ol' Saint Nick, and whether he would like the obscurely written notes I penned to him.

Those Christmas Eves spent singing every overplayed Christmas song imaginable (done time and time again by Celine Dion and Mariah Carey). Finishing the line "You'll go down in history" with "Like Colombus!" Or was it George Washington? We could never agree on that.

And to think, I'll have future Christmas Eves...with a lover? With a husband? With a baby? (gulp)

Life moves quickly, but here's to always keeping the heart of a child inside of us during the holiday season.

(yes, I know that was shamefully cliche and tacky to say...but if you can't say it during Christmas, when can you say it then??)

Merry Christmas to all of you beautiful people!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Christmas went well!

    At least I didn't have to wear red tights and frilly dresses, but I DID have a wardrobe filled with ugly sweaters that my mom made me wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank I can totally see you in an ugly sweater :P

    ReplyDelete